|The Sun: Calgary’s Pilot Food-Truck Program To Continue|
|Thursday, 01 November 2012 12:41|
CALGARY — Despite a rocky start, including failed safety inspections, Calgary’s food-truck pilot program has been given the green light to continue through the winter months, according to the Calgary Sun.
“It’s going to be very fruitful, just like in any other cities we looked at — Portland, Seattle, Vancouver and New York,” Calgary mayor Naheed Nenshi told The Sun.
“There’s nowhere to go but up.” Nenshi said the majority of food-truck operators are willing to continue the second phase of the pilot project that’s been in place since last year. An additional 15 owners have also expressed interest in opening a food truck next year.
There have been some problems with the pilot program as certain food trucks have not been permitted in certain business revitalization zones, but Nenshi hopes those areas “loosen up a bit” and welcome the vendors.
For the complete story, visit calgarysun.com.