Enjoy our recipe section and if you would like to add any recipes please LOGIN
Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna with Gorgonzola
A delicious twist to an old favourite! Butternut squash mixed with honey and Gorgonzola cheese creates a robust dish pretty for a cold autumn day!
At a glance
- 2 lb (1 kg) Butternut squash, peeled
- 1 Sweet onion, large, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Gay Lea Butter, melted, divided
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Honey
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) Fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) Salt and pepper, each
- 4 cups (1 L) Nordica 1% Cottage Cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Milk and chicken stock, each
- 5 oz (150 g) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 9 oz (275 g) Lasagna noodles, fresh
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Cut the squash into 1/2-inch (2 cm) cubes, and toss the squash and onion with half the butter, honey, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet(s).
- Roast, turning occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until very tender.
- Cool slightly; combine with the cottage cheese, milk, stock and Gorgonzola.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) casserole dish.
- Spread one quarter of the cottage cheese mixture evenly into the dish.
- Cover with an even layer of noodles, trimming to fit.
- Repeat layers of cheese and noodles twice. Spread the remaining cheese mixture evenly ove the noodles.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss breadcrumbs with walnuts, parsley and remaining butter; sprinkle the lasagna evenly with breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Rest for 20 minutes before slicings