Enjoy our recipe section and if you would like to add any recipes please LOGIN
Description Jason Parsons, executive chef at Peller Estates, says it can be challenging to cook with icewine, but if chefs are mindful of the alcohol content, they should be OK.
At a glance
- 3/4 cup Icewine
- 3 envelopes Unflavoured Gelatin
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Icing Sugar (to taste)
- Place Icewine in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer until reduced to 4 tsp, watching closely to prevent scorching; cool.
- Pour half a cup of water into mixer bowl, sprinkle with gelatin and let stand 10 minutes to soften.
- Combine remaining water, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan, bring to a boil then boil vigorously for one minute.
- Stir into gelatin mixture with the salt.
- Beat with whisk on high speed for eight minutes.
- Add vanilla and reduced Icewine and continue beating two more minutes.
- Transfer mixture into 9-inch square pan lined with oiled plastic wrap, using an oiled spatula to spread evenly.
- Allow to set several hours in a cool but non-refrigerated area.
- When firm, remove from pan, cut into squares with a lightly oiled knife and coat each square in icing sugar.