Enjoy our recipe section and if you would like to add any recipes please LOGIN
Fennel and Radicchio Salad with Walnuts
This light citrus salad is a perfect starter for those hot summer days. Fresh fennel, green apple, parsley and mint create a delicious meal when complimented with pork, chicken or grilled fish.
At a glance
12 servings, 1-1/2 cups [375 ml] per serving.
- fresh lemon juice 6 tbsp [90 mL]
- packed brown sugar 3 tbsp [45 mL]
- salt 1-1/2 tsp [7 mL]
- ground black pepper 3/4 tsp [4 mL]
- Italian parsley, minced 1/2 cup [125 mL]
- extra virgin olive oil 3/4 cup [175 mL]
- tart green apple, unpeeled 3
- large fennel bulbs with tops 3
- radicchio, thinly sliced 3 cups [750 mL
- California walnuts,toasted,chopped 1-1/2 cups [375 mL]
- Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. COMBINE lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, pepper and parsley in a bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Cut apples in half, core. Slice thinly or julienne. Add to dressing, stirring to coat. Set aside.
- TRIM stems from fennel bulbs; set aside some of the fronds for garnish. Cut fennel in half lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Combine fennel and radicchio in large bowl. Reserve 3/4 cup [175 mL] of the walnuts for sprinkling on top. Add remaining walnuts and apple mixture; toss to combine.
- PLATE on a bed of Boston lettuce leaves. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tbsp [15 mL] of walnuts and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.