|Fire Erupts at Downtown Restaurant|
|Friday, 06 July 2012 11:46|
TORONTO — A kitchen fire erupted at Toronto’s Paramount Fine Foods restaurant, located between Dundas and Shuter, yesterday at approximately 3 p.m.
Officials speculate the fire started in the venting system at 263 Yonge St. sending clouds of black smoke onto the street.
“It was a small grease fire that started in the venting system and went from the ground floor through to the second floor,” Paul Duncan, district chief, told CP24 at the scene. “It was a lot of smoke, but it really didn’t take long to extinguish.”